themekolo.com is best source to read articles about wordpress like ” Web Design – 5 Secrets to Reduce the Cost of Web Design “! now you can read Cheow Yu Yuan article here!
Do not treat your website lightly. Today, website is one of the most important elements of your business. A good website is like a powerful salesperson that is working 24/7 for your company. As the demand for good website design increases, we are seeing many simple websites suffering from the increased cost.
In this article, let me share with you 5 secrets to reduce the cost of website design without jeopardizing the quality of it:
1. Make sure that you are certain about the specifications of the website. One of the most common reasons for the increased price is because there are changes to the features or specifications of the website in the latter stages of the development. Therefore it is important for you to understand the specifications completely and make sure that the developers know what you want. Remember, the longer you delay the project, the higher the cost will be.
2. Do not go for complicated aesthetic design. Complicated designs cost more. Therefore, if you want to reduce the cost of website design, go for simple aesthetic look. You do not need a flashy website to convert visitors to customers. You just need a professional site with good copywriting.
3. Design your website with search engine optimization in mind. Search engine is the number one traffic referral source for most websites. Therefore, it is important that you develop a website which is search engine friendly. Many people decide to re-design their websites a few months later when they fail to attract search engine traffic due to poor website design. So make sure that you do it right from the beginning by developing a search engine friendly website.
4. Use an open-source platform if you want to develop a CMS or E-commerce website. Open sources such as Joomla and Drupal are free of charge. Therefore if you use open source to develop your website, the overall cost will be lower.
5. Give the website design agency enough time to develop the site. If you give them a tight timeline, they will charge you more. So give them sufficient time to work on it to reduce the overall cost of the project.
Before you engage a particular agency, make sure that you spend some time to do a research. Do a search on Google and shortlist a few agencies. Let them know your requirements and select the one that you feel comfortable with.
Source by Cheow Yu Yuan